Thursday 10 April 2014

Amor caecus est | No comments:



 









Travelling in Style
 
 
"Love is Blind" is a phrase that led me into a deep trail of thought...what does this mean? I am sure it means something different to everyone. Some may see this as falling for personality and not for looks or that love may fall within a danger zone (aka falling for your best friend) where you fear too much to admit it to them or to yourself; or even that we are blind to noticing something or someone.

Whilst I can admit that I can be blind to many things especially love, I was most definitely not blind to this beautiful landscape. So barren yet riddled with history and well, whilst there's not much if NO life (hence the Dead Sea) I felt more alive than ever. Whilst my legs were screaming at me to rest, all I wanted to do was climb this gigantic mountain and explore the history that lies dormant... Call me mad, but in life all the best people are completely bonking mad, including me! Whilst we did trek across the vast landscape, we did in fact opt for the cable car ride to the top rather than the snake path as I am not sure I would have survived. Literally it looked deadly as in people have ACTUALLY died.

At the top of Mount Masada you can see right across the desert with the Dead Sea stretching on for miles; Jordan is situated on the other side of the Dead Sea, a place I hope to one day visit with the 'Lost City' in Petra being on my Bucket List of things to see. I have never been in a desert nor to the top of a mountain like we did so I loved every single second of it. My father arranged for us to be chauffeur driven around for the day by the lovely Moni, not only did he give us a private guided tour at Mount Masada, he also took us to the Dead Sea where we all enjoyed lunch and I later indulged in a bit of a spa day (post to follow).

With the scorching sun and baring desert heat, I opted for a grey wash denim skater skirt with my 'Amor cauecus est' vest top, with a Gilly Hicks bralet underneath. I picked this A-line skirt up in Oxford Street on the Sale Rail in H&M for a mere £6..winning. Issue? My hilarious if not painful sunburn that covered my legs. As you can see in many of my photo's it looks as though I am wearing high socks...all my fault due to the fact I forgot to apply suncream on the day of the Marathon. IDIOT. TBH when you are waking up at 4am (usually the time I am coming in after a night out) you aren't really thinking straight. I was so nervous about the race that this honestly didn't even cross my mind...yet I look back and laugh and think it is my mark of victory slash I am now peeling and totally regret this! Gross, tights it is!


'Amor caecus est' Vest Top - Tea and Toast for Topshop
Grey Denim Wash Skater Skirt - H&M
Navy Lace Bralet - Gilly Hicks
Leather Converse - Converse
Frilly Socks - Topshop
Sunglasses - Bvlgari
 
Bea {x}



No comments: