Monday 29 September 2014

OUT AND ABOUT: Goodwood Revival: Festival of Speed | No comments:

As we blare Klingande's 'Jubel' out of the sound system with saxophone's ringing in our ears, windows down, smiles in tact; my father and I meandered our way down the country lanes of Chichester for the very sought-after motoring event of the year: Goodwood Revival. For those of you who are unfamiliar; Goodwood Revival: Festival of Speed is a reflection of the motorcar/motorcycle racing that took place at the Goodwood Motor Circuit between the years of 1948-1966.

My father and I were extremely fortunate to have been invited to attend Goodwood Revival as guests of Maserati. Well...it was definitely all you could have imagined. As we arrived at the Goodwood Country house, which had primarily been taken over by Maserati, we were greeted by many friendly faces. Amongst them were all sorts of interesting people, a great networking event for me. I met a two wonderful young tailors from Oxford who were able to share with me their extensive knowledge on tailoring. Whilst I haven't done many tailored posts recently, I am infatuated with sharp tailoring hence 'Sartorial', making this meet and greet very educational for myself.








After casual mutterings over teas and coffees and even a few cheeky pastries we were picked up by our Chauffeur and off we went. After exploring the circuit, watching a few races and exploring the retro village my father and I headed back to the country house for the champagne reception, followed by lunch.
























So lunch... a bit too rich for my liking... but I wasn't complaining. We left with a goodie bag (of course) and left with huge smiles on our faces.....until we hit 4 hours of traffic that is.. if you go; I would plan your journey home, stopping for Dinner somewhere in the country whilst the traffic dies down would be ideal.



Goodwood Revival is a fabulous day out, with everyone getting into the spirit of things by dressing up in period costume during the 40s-60s. The motor circuit is spectacular equipped with a movie-set village which is reflective of the 50s era. There are endless activities to do, choose to jive away to some 50s classics or wander the vintage stalls, enriched with divine furs and vintage clothing, along with hat stalls (this is where I was in Fedora heaven...shame my bank account wasn't so forgiving) and vintage sunglasses. I managed to spot out these beauties. Alike to the Wildfox design, I was able to pick these up for £20, which I bartered down to £15. Yet again, a bargain buy for me.... WINNING!



So onto the most important part of all: FASHION (OBVIOUSLY...)




As a true Fashionista I become mirthfully captivated when historical fashions resurface with such effortlessness and craft. I am absolutely inspired by everything pertinent to the fashions of the late 40s with the advances of the unadorned pre-war rags of WWII to the prosperity of post-war riches. This movement saw rags turn into beautifully rich and flowing silks, wools and duchess satins. Dominating the 40s with his creation of the hour-glass silhouette, Christian Dior had fabricated a feminine collection which accentuated the womanly curves of the female body, a collection which he called Corelle ‘Flower Woman’ was later distinguished as ‘The New Look’. As soon as I received my invite....I knew this was going to be one hell of a ball!
What I Wore:
Dress - Zara
Bag - Gucci Soho Disco Bag
Mary-Jane Shoes - Topshop
Belt - Moschino
Mink Fur Shawl - VINTAGE:This was handed down to me, when my friend Georgia's nanna passed away...they passed this down to me and I am eternally grateful! It is just gorgeous!
Kisses,
Bea {x}


No comments: