Monday 27 October 2014

This Girl Got Plaid | No comments:





The Flannel. As they like to call it across the pond in the USA is a plaid (tartan) shirt and a must-have item this season...if not always. Never heard of the term flannel? Well neither had I until recently. To me a flannel is a small square piece of towelling that you use to wash your face, and most definitely belongs in the bathroom. But....as usual I learnt the hard, if not hilarious way...

My fellow doll from America, Kat was visiting London from San Francisco when we decided to go to Lovebox Festival. Kat rings me up like 'Bea! I'm going to take my flannel...I think it's essential' So me being an absolute ditz... I pack what us Brits refer to as a 'flannel'. Except we both had completely different ideas about what a flannel actually was.

I will never forget the moment I whipped out that face cloth to be like 'I GOT MY FLANNEL BITCH'... oh my we literally laughed about that for so long! Missing you!

For today's look I opted for all black errrythanng...yes I love black and will stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour. Black can be a bit depressing sometimes, mainly in the daytime if it's not broken up by colour. All black at night is totally acceptable somehow, but in the daytime it's just not alright. So try tying a plaid shirt around your waist to add colour and style. I love this look, and I even added this Rose Quartz necklace, my latest purchase from Urban Outfitters. TOTAL LOVE.

This is a new look that I have put together and I love it, I would say it is effortlessly stylish. When it comes to causual dressing, I tend to always dress up! I CAN'T HELP IT! I am not one for wearing just jeans and a tee...and well I barely EVER, if not, never wear trousers. So for me this look is perfect and there are lots of different patterns and textures; from ribbed material to velvet and my leggings are verging on neoprene which i'm sure Alexander Wang would be very proud of.

PS. Sorry for the poor quality pictures... I've had to resort to iPhone selfies until I get my camera back... literally lost without it! Boo Hoo.

WHAT I WORE:
Plaid Shirt - Zara
Velvet Cropped Top - Urban Outfitters
Biker Leggings - Zara
Boots - Topshop
Ribbed Crop Jumper - H&M
ACCESSORIES:
Frilly Socks - Topshop
Rose Quartz Necklace - Urban Outfitters
Choker (Part of a 3-part set) - FREEDOM for Topshop
 
Kisses,
Bea {x}
 
 
HEY DOLLS! CHECK OUT MY FEATURE ON STYLE ICONA HERE BY CLICKING MY STYLE ICONA BADGE (RED BUTTON) TO THE RIGHT --->

No comments: