Friday 20 February 2015

#LFW: Press Passes at the Ready! | No comments:

What is your favourite day of the year? Some may say their Birthday, or Christmas, or Hannukah or maybe even their Anniversary (well..I am single so *X*) not forgetting Valentine's Day (OH that happened already? I think my roses got run over by accident..like... I didn't receive any? That's weird?). Yeah...Not me. Whilst it covers 5 days (EVEN BETTER) and happens twice a year in both February and September (DOUBLE WHAMMY); I can officially say that LONDON FASHION WEEK is my all time favourite event in the Calendar. Whilst all Fashion Week's are to be watched and adored worldwide, LFW is by far my favourite overall, not only is it close to home, we get to see the most creative, influential and up and coming British designers showcase their work right on our very doorstep. LFW doesn't stop on the catwalk, we can expect to see the hottest cocktail spots swarming with our favourite industry faves, from models, to designers to our very favourite fashion bloggers swarming from near and far. It really is the ultimate fashion fest! I mean lets be honest, London really is THE fashion capital of the world!

Ready. Steady. Runway! The LFW #hashtag will undoubtedly be trending for the next 5 days.NO? MORE, with both Twitter and Instagram being the ultimate go-to portals for the most up-to-date fashion fixes and latest live videos straight from the catwalk; not forgetting the ever-inspiring and mouth-watering street style shots from the most sought-after photographers in London. There is no better place to start doing a few outfit steals and gaining some real outfitspo from the chicest on the streets.

So with that in mind what can we expect to see this season? As Gareth Pugh makes a come-back on his home turf, I predict to see a McQueen-esque performance with Pugh hopefully immersing us with his androgynous style meets cubic city skylines, as he creates his renowned masterpieces of style. I'm looking forward to the sparkle and female touches from Mary Katrantzou whilst I am almost certain Matthew Williamson will grace us all with his splash of vibrant colours and intricate patterns that bring out the sparkle in all of our eyes.

I am not lucky enough to be seated at the shows...YET...BOO HOO! So I have turned to none other than Instagram and Twitter for my Live updates from my favourite fashion insiders. I thought I would brighten up your mornings and share some of my best picks so far from the savvy portals that make not being there bearable...just.

Kisses,
 
Bea {x}

















No comments: